Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe has founded Maharashtra Industrial and Economic Development
Association (MIEDA) for providing support and handholding to Manufacturing Industry,
SMEs, Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups for better business growth, export promotion,
imparting knowledge & education for transformation of their business activity, capacity
building for global competitiveness, interface with policy makers, channelise
finance & investment, joint ventures, technology transfer, setting up industries
and expansion and diversification of business activities in India and Overseas.
Under his dynamic leadership MIEDA has been on a forefront for policy change and policy
implementation of the Government of Maharashtra as well as promotion of various
incentives & schemes amongst industry & SMEs. MIEDA has taken up various issue and
problems of SMEs and Manufacturing Industries to appropriate Government authorities
as well as providing unique suggestions and recommendations for industrial growth and
Mr. Salunkhe has played a very important role to organise first ever investment
event – “ADVANTAGE MAHARASHTRA” in Mumbai in 1996 for Government of Maharashtra
as well as he has reviewed and reduced licenses and permissions of Government
of Maharashtra for various Industries in 1997. He has also taken an initiative
to resolve the issues and problems of deteriorated law and order situation in
Mumbai region which had affected Entrepreneurs, Industrialist, Enterprises,
Corporates and Common Public by Goons and Underworld in November, 1998.
He has lead 15 high profile businessmen delegations to USA, UK, Europe,
Australia, Israel, Canada and New Zealand for business promotion and investment
in Maharashtra. Mr. Salunkhe has pressurised the Government of Maharashtra to set
up SME department during the tenure of Mr. Ashok Chavan as the Chief Minister of
He has also put efforts to initiate SME Stock Exchange, National Skill Development
Corporation, TReDS – Electronic platform for Trade Receivables, inclusion of SME sector
for providing level playing field in ease of doing business facilities, identification
of emerging export market for SMEs and advance technology for better productivity and
quality, as well as guidance to Start-ups, Young and Women Entrepreneurs for converting
business ideas into profitable venture and commercialization of inventions
Founder of following organisations:
- SME Chamber of India (Small and Medium Business Development Chamber of India)
- SME Business Management Institute
- SME Export Promotion Council
- Marathi Business Forum
- Mumbai Business Forum
- Start-Ups Council of India
- Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI)
- India International Trade Centre (Investment and Trade Promotion Organisation – recognised and supported by Government of India and Government of Maharashtra)
- Women Entrepreneurs Development Council
- SME Technology Development Centre
- SME Connect – Magazine (Registered)
- Pune Business Forum
- India – US SME Business Council
- Europe - India SME Business Council
- India – GCC SME Business Council
- India – Japan SME Business Council
- India - China Business Council
- India – Canada SME Business Council
- India - UK SME Business Council
- As the Permanent Member of RBI Governor’s Pre-Monetary Policy Review Committee, he has been giving inputs for SME empowerment and industrial growth.
- Member of Industry and Task Force, Maharashtra, Chairmanship of Chief Minister (2002 – 2007)
- Member, RBI Empowered Committee for SMEs and SLIC for various states.
- Member of National Advisory Board of MSME, Government of India (2011-2013)
- Board of Director of Bharat Heavy Plates and Vessels Ltd. (2002 – 2004)
- Board of Director of Asia Mergers and Acquisitions Association.
- Pitched for Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) – Institutional mechanism for facilitating the financing of trade receivables of MSMEs from corporate buyers through multiple financiers to avoid NPA during the tenure of Mr. Raghuram Rajan, as the Governor of Reserve bank of India in 2014 to initiate this platform as the member of Monetary Policy Review Committee of RBI.
- Participated as the Jury of various awards selection committees formed by eminent organisations.
- Participated as the Key-Note Speaker at “European SME Congress” annual conference organized by Silesian Government, Poland with European commission on October 2016 at Katowice, Poland.
- Participated as the Speaker at “World Trade Symposium” annual conference organized by Financial Times in June 2016 at London.
- Pitched for Collateral free loan for Micro and Small Entrepreneurs of Rs. 2 crore from Rs. 1 crore to Hon’ble Prime minister and Finance Minister of India in 2016.
- He has presented paper at G-20 Conference on SME sector at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2014.
- Participated as a Key-Note Speaker at “SME Assembly” annual conference organized by European commission on November 2013 at Vilnius, Lithuania
- Inaugurated the “Industrial & Commercial Bank of China” – ICBC Bank, India Branch on 15th September 2011 at Mumbai. ICBC is the world’s largest bank, with brand value of US$ 47.8 billion the ICBC Bank ranks 13th amongst the most valuable financial brands.
- Initiated “Pride of Maharashtra Awards” and “India SME Excellence Awards”.
Perusing with various State governments for providing industrial land at concessional rate for SMEs.
- Perusing with Ministry of Finance and Reserve bank of India to change definition of NPA and providing financial assistance at lowest rate of interest to SMEs.
- Suggestions to central and various State Government departments for considering special support and exemption to SME sector in ease of doing business process and formalities.
- Pitched for the financial support for SME sector for participating in international exhibitions through Canara bank and launched this facility on 16th September 2014 at Mumbai in the presence of Hon’ble Union Minister for Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises.
- Pitched for SME Stock Exchange during the tenure of Shri C B Bhave, as the Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in 2010
- Pitched to Mr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning commission of India in 2009 for setting up National Skill Development Corporation.
- Organised SME & Entrepreneurship Awards function in the presence of Hon’ble Deputy Prime Minister Mr. Lalkrishna Advani on 1st May, 2003 at New Delhi.
- Organised SME & Entrepreneurship function in the presence of Hon’ble Prime Minister Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 1st May, 2002 at New Delhi for MSME sector.
- Recommended to the Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hon’ble Prime Minister in 2002 for Policy change and definition of Small Scale Industrial sector and to create new MSME Act.
- Being a Chairman of Law & Order of “Federation of Association of Maharashtra”, took the initiative to improve deteriorated law and order situation of Mumbai and organised confidence building activities amongst businessmen, industrialist and traders on 17th November, 1998.
- Frequently travelling to USA, Canada, UK, Israel, various European Countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Singapore, Bahrain, UAE, South Africa, Oman, Mauritius, Qatar, Taiwan, Sri Lanka and GCC Countries.
- Mr. Salunkhe has represented various Government Committees, Study Groups, Sub-Committees and Panels to give inputs on Industry, Finance and SME Sector.
Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe has founded Macro Group of Companies in 1991 at Mumbai which is involved in Manufacturing Packaging Machines & Equipments, Distributorship and Marketing of Capital Goods, Industrial Products and providing support to the industries from Food Processing, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, FMCG and Allied Processing sectors for setting / transforming / developing packaging unit, upgradation of technology, development of processing system as well as IT enabled services, International Marketing and Promotional activities.
Macro Group of Companies is involved in Exports of Packaging Machines & Equipments, Processed Food Products, Packaging Products, Industrial Products and has been also providing assistance for Business Consultancy for International Cooperation, In & Outbound Investment, Collaborations and Business Consultancy.
Founder of Macro Group of Companies:
- Salunkhe Packaging Pvt. Ltd.
- Salunkhe Exports Pvt. Ltd
- Macro Corporate Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Geoptech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Bricks Marketing and Promotion Pvt. Ltd.
- Macro Events & Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd.